Chairman Priebus: “Will Obama Apologize to Women for His Failures?”
Excerpts from Townhall
By: Reince Priebus
April 27, 2012
“Today, President Obama will speak at a Women’s Issues Conference organized by his campaign in Washington, DC. Hopefully he will take the time to apologize to the women in attendance.
“Despite Democrats’ talk of standing for women, the Obama economy has been especially unforgiving for women across the country.
“Recently, RNC Co-Chair Sharon Day summed it up nicely:
“‘At kitchen tables and in the job market, it’s clear that women are suffering. Gas, groceries, and healthcare are more expensive. Wives and mothers struggle to make ends meet and fear for their children’s futures. Businesswomen wonder what regulations and taxes Obama will force on them next’…
“Try as he might, President Obama cannot hide the facts.
“There are fewer women working today than when President Obama took office.
* Since his inauguration, the unemployment rate for women has increased from 7 percent to 8.1 percent.
* The number of female employees has decreased by 683,000.
“The job market is so bad, women are giving up looking for jobs altogether.
* The female labor force participation rate fell in March from 57.9 percent to 57.7 percent.
* The number of women not in the labor force increased in March from 52.8 million to 53.1 million.
* While male participation increased by 14,000, female participation fell by 177,000…
“Republicans are committed to delivering that better America. The Democrats’ agenda isn’t working for women. Their vision has produced big government and limited opportunity. Our vision is for limited government and opportunity for all…”
“Women deserve better than what President Obama has delivered. And they certainly deserve a president that is honest with them about the challenges they face.”
Click Here To Read The Full Op-Ed: http://bit.ly/JrcZDi